Marlo loves this.
No, I’m not kidding.
Let me be clear. The noodles are covered in green stuff and she can’t get it in her mouth fast enough.
When it’s all gone she asks for more while still chewing her last bite.
It’s good, good for you and unbelievably simple.
But then again you expect that here, right?
Broccoli Pesto Pasta
Adapted from Good Housekeeping Family Vegetarian Cooking
12 oz. (just shy of the full pound box) spaghetti
16 oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
2 big garlic cloves, peeled
1 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
coarsely ground black pepper
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, prepare broccoli according to package directions. I opt to microwave. Works great every time.
3. In food processor fitted with blade attachment, puree cooked broccoli, garlic, broth, cheese, olive oil and salt.
4. Mix pasta with broccoli pesto. This takes some time to get it evenly distributed.
5. Serve immediately with a generous grind of black pepper. Don’t skip the pepper.