Ah ha! Remember me trying to make this a few weeks ago and coming out with a loaf of flavorless sawdust? Well, my cousin(-in-law) Chanda suggesting adding zucchini to make it more moist. What a wonderful idea, especially with all the zucchinis hanging around everywhere you turn. So instead of risking more ingredients being wasted on the old recipe, I looked up a chocolate zucchini bread recipe and then just added the delicious wild raspberries my father-in-law sent home with Jeff.
The result was exactly what I was looking for. SUPER moist and chocolaty with little bursts of raspberries here and there. MMMMmmmmmMMMmmmmmMMMMMMMMM.
Double Chocolate Raspberry Zucchini Bread
Adapted from Baking Bites
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
1/2 – 1 cup chocolate chips
1 – 1.5 cups fresh raspberries rinsed and drained
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir until almost fully combined.
4. Add in the zucchini and chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed in the batter (batter should be fairly thick).
5. Gently fold in raspberries.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with only moist crumbs attached.
7. Turn loaf out of pan and cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Makes 1 loaf.